This year we represented Kenya. We placed first place in global village, honerable mention in country sign, and outstanding delegates. Rachel Sawyers was nominated President of General Assembly. Christain Derryberry was choosen as Outstanding Speaker. Bill authors passed in Senates.
Bill Authors: Christain Derryberry, Jaden Mullins, Abi Young
To stop the killing of African Elephants for the Sale of Ivory
First Preambulatory Phrase,
1. Convinced that the sale of Ivory is the main cause for the reduction in African Elephants,
2. Recalling the restriction of Ivory sales in the United States in 2014 by President Obama, that states that all sales will be restricted and prosecuted,
3. Believing that the rest of the world should improve its ban on Ivory, as of now the last worldwide ban that the United Nations took part in was back in 1989,
4. Emphasizing the fact that there is only 35,000 African Elephants left in the world.
1. First Operative Phrase,
1. Calls Upon the UN Conference to Enforce a new Ban on the Sale Ivory around the world as the United States has done,
2. Request that the UN establish new laws and bans that include all Countries and establish a committee that enforces this around the world,
3. Authorizes this action to take place immediately in all Countries,
4. Further Request that the UN seize all Ivory being sold and prosecute all offenders to the extend of the law.