· 1. What does it mean if a notebook is made from recycled paper?
· A The notebook is made from inexpensive materials.
· B The notebook is made from nonrenewable resources.
· C The notebook is made from paper that was used before.
· D The notebook is made from materials that came directly from trees.
· 2. What are two problems with throwing away trash?
· A pollution and creating traffic
· B pollution and using up natural resources
· C running out of space and creating traffic
· D using up natural resources and attracting animals
· 3. Which is an example of a solid waste?
· A soil
· B trees
· C a tin can
· D polluted water
· 4. About how much trash does a family throw away every year?
· A 3 pounds
· B 14 pounds
· C 200 pounds
· D 5,000 pounds
5. Why are materials like toxic chemicals and oil not allowed in most sanitary landfills?
A They do not dissolve in water.
B They attract birds and other animals.
C They can melt plastics and other waste.
D They can pollute air and drinking water.